Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Taste of Tuesday...Chocolate, yum!

I dont know about you all but one of my favorite things to do during the summer is have s'mores. Now, how can someone as picky as me like all that stuff combined? I'm not sure either :) I will say that I'm not a fan of marshmallow  I eat it in that but if theres too much I pull some off. That leaves the graham crackers and chocolate. Well, what can be done with those two because they are actually good together.

Before I tell you what, I want to mention that I like deserts with a  crust. meaning I cant just have plain ice cream with chocolate sauce. No,  I need a brownie, cookie or something underneath. A warm soft brownie...it sounds so good.

So now onto how graham crackers and chocolate can work together When my mom showed me this I was sold...just a little too much in fact!


                               source: http://www.thekitchenismyplayground.com via Kristen via Pinterest



Filling:

  • 2 (3.5 oz.) boxes vanilla instant pudding
  • 3 c. milk
  • 1 (12 oz.) container Cool Whip
  • Graham crackers (my mom and I usually buy two boxes)



Topping:

  • 1/3 c. cocoa
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 stick butter (or margarine)
  • 1 tsp. vanilla




Directions: 

  • Mix pudding and milk; beat.  Stir in Cool Whip.  
  • Place a layer of graham crackers in the bottom of a 9x13" dish. 
  • Spread 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the graham crackers.
  • Repeat with another layer of graham crackers and pudding; then top with a final layer of graham crackers.

To make the topping:

  • Bring cocoa, milk, and sugar to a boil; boil about 1 minute, stirring very frequently
  • Remove from heat and cool one minute.
  • dd butter and vanilla; stir until butter is melted.
  • Pour over the top layer of graham crackers.  
  • Refrigerate over night.



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love smores! I always wish I could make them at home, so this sounds like an excellent substitution dessert! Thanks for linking up with us!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, this is amazing! I love smores! This is something i HAVE TO try! Thanks for the recipe.
Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

Sara Elizabeth said...

This sounds so amazing! I'm definitely going to have to bookmark this and make it sometime!

Sara
saraintx.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Sounds and looks delicious!

Courtney @ Air Force Wife and Our Life said...

Wow! I love smores! They are a staple food in my house! I will definitely be preparing this and soon!

heydanixo said...

Boy does this look so tasty!

Laura Darling said...

Yum I think I need to make this!

Nicole said...

This sounds so good!

Ms. Paws said...

That looks simply sinfully delicious. I will be trying that soon.
:)
Looove sweet summertime!! :)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

OHMYGOODNESS this looks delish!

Gina said...

Oh.my.goodness. I know what I'm making tomorrow!! Thanks for sharing :)

Kristen said...

Your welcome!! its so so good. Are you a chocolate lover too?

Jessica @ The Wondering Brain said...

That does look yummy! I love chocolate :). Thank you for sharing this @ The Show Off Blog Party!

Jessica
The Wondering Brain

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs