Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blog Everyday and Tuesday Topics

Today I'm venturing out a little. Not as in physically going some place but I'm trying out a link up for the first time. I see so many do it and am excited to join!!

First though, I wanted to take a moment and grab the topic today for Blog Everyday in May. I know I havent done this in forever. Total fail! I liked today's topic though because I can go back and see what a bore I was when I first started blogging. Be glad you all weren't following me then!

Day 21, Tuesday: A list of links to your favorite posts in your archives




 I was so excited to share this recipe with you all. My mom does it in the crock pot and puts the Pillsbury rolls in as the dumplings. Needless to say, one of my favorite meals!

This was a tough post for me and I'm sure everyone else that wrote a post just like it. But I'm proud of it...Boston Strong!

This post makes me sound so innocent!  It also probably proves to everyone that I'm very boring lol. Its OK though, I'm actually proud of things I havent done!

Its better in the Bahamas...plain and simple!

I just love black moons !! So many of you didnt know what they were so I'm glad I could share this recipe. I hope you can find time to make it...totally worth it :)

My first Pinterest post...Shame on me, I know! I'm proud of my favorites for last week though :)

It's funny because this was maybe my 6th post or so when I first started blogging. I had no idea what I was doing at the time. This post was kind of inspired by another blogger at the time and I knew I wanted to do it but had no idea how to write it. Its a special post to me. I actually just sat here and re read it and let me say, I think its pretty good. It's an important post for anyone..some good life lessons. 


Those are some of my favorites! But I am proud of every post I've written. And am so thankful for you all who have made each post special!

                                                                               --------

Now, its onto my new link up. I just realized that the Blog Everyday Challenge had basically the same prompt so thats a win win!

Ten things that make you happy:


1) The sun and being warm- While its great that we can go to the beach or in the pool or tan, we need to be thankful for the sun. If it wasnt for the sun, we wouldnt really have summer, or any time of happiness because everyday would be boring

2) Bailey- He's just great and I love him! 

3) Brian- 5 years ago I never would of thought I'd be in the relationship I am today. Back then I felt trapped in a terrible relationship and always thought that I'd be alone.

4) The house I live in, the clothes on my back and every little thing Ive bought. I'm blessed and grateful for all of this. I pray that the people in Oklahoma stay strong and know there will be better days.

5) School- while I dislike the teachers sometimes and cringe when I have hours of homework, I wouldnt have it any other way. I feel thankful that I can actually go to school so that I can better myself and my future career

6) Being able to grow closer to the Lord and knowing that although it pains me, I can surrender my plan to him. He has a plan for me and I cannot wait to see what the future brings

7) Chocolate- do I even need to say why this makes me happy?

8) Feeling loved and knowing Im important- I have such a supportive and loving family. I think we all go through a time in our lives where we feel at a low point. Whether it be because of a choice we've made  or because we're struggling in areas of our lives. It's nice to hear that your important, your appreciated  I know I am every single day but the words mean alot

9) Being clean and organized- I've talked about how I'm a planner and neat freak. Brian thinks I'm crazy that I have to have things in place but no. Its a sense of satisfaction

10) Being content. I'll admit, I've had periods of time where I've been frustrated or have felt out of control. I try to remind myself during those times that times will get better. This is a stage in my life. Lessons can be learned during these times. Today I can say I'm content. Sure I may not have a job and may seem like one of those people that just sit on the couch  but no. I'm not. I might not be making it as big as most right now but thats ok. My time will come. Im enjoying the moments I do get to have now




Life. Love.Lauren

4 comments:

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

I totally understand you on 10. Well said. Oh and chocolate is my weakness! Thanks for linking up! I can't wait to read more from you! xoxo.

Jamie said...

I love the sunshine and warmth too. In so glad it finally heated up here in MD!

Bev said...

hi, i'm following the "the GFC" blog hop. i would love for you to visit my blog and follow if you like it.

http://www.blackinkpaperie.blogspot.com

thanks
new follower bev
ps lots of great posts to explore. thanks

Alex[andra] said...

How am I so behind on your blog?? Ah, sorry. The sun makes me so happy too!! But it's MISERABLE out here right now! It's FREEZING! It feels like it's winter! Seriously, I don't know what Mother Nature is smoking, but she has to stop. I want some sun!

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs