Friday, May 10, 2013

Embarrassment? Thats a complete understatement!

Soo, the reality is I have been off my game lately with the Blog Every Day In May thing. There have been a few I have actually chosen not to do but the others, well, I had other things to write about. But today, I like the topic. This post will either make you all love me that much more or, it will make you all think I'm crazy.






Day 10, Friday: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill.


I was sitting here trying to come up with embarrassing moments but couldn't think of any. I could only come up with stupid stuff that really wouldn't be defined as "embarrassing". Then it occurred to me.....six grade

This is a subject that is only talked about between family and the two friends I did it with. To this day people still laugh about it. My mom cant grasp the fact that she actually allowed me to do this. She thinks its funny though, don't worry! 

Our elementary school had a Talent Show every year. Students would sign up to be in it and do many different things. It was humorous and got everyone together and laughing together which was nice. Now, correct me if I'm wrong but when your a six grader, you want to be funny and do things so that later on you can be like "Do you remember that time... At that age you don't really care, you want to fit in and do what everyone else is doing

Well, my friends had been in the Talent Show maybe two years in a row and this particular year they wanted me to join them. At first i wasn't sure because I don't like being in the spotlight. But in the very end I decided to. As I've mentioned, the three of us loved to make up our own concerts and sing during them. So that's what we decided to do. We were debating between a Mandy Moore song or Britney Spears. For some reason we ended up not doing either. We chose Dancing Queen. The song that everyone still teases me about to this day when it comes on the radio. My friends and their mom got us matching outfits and wigs. We decorated the pants (probably the worst creative job you'll ever see) and then performed. Everyone was over the moon. They thought it was the funniest thing. My mom got it on video. And now its known as the "embarrassing" video. My grandmother gets a kick out of it. Brian has seen it. Its one of those videos that you just want to tug away in the hardest spot you can so no one can find it. The even more hilarious part was that the shirts didn't fit too well. They were really small, and were really form fitting. Our parents still cringe at them
So as much as this pains me I have decided to post the picture. My disclaimer is that what happens in blogland stays in blogland lol. 





*Sigh*. There you go. One of many embarrassing pictures. I apologize for it being so blurry. that might be a good thing though. Want to hear something ironic? The girl on the left is now dating a guy name Brian. They have been together since 2007. Well, he was in the audience during this. He's older so our paths never crossed his. Go figure that the first look at your future girlfriend will be this!



6 comments:

Allison said...

Stopping by from the SOML link up! I love this! This is one of those stories that may feel kind of embarrassing, but is also really cute at the same time :)

Kristen said...

Hey!! Thanks for stopping by! As I was typing the post and looking at the picture I was actually thinking it didnt look that bad. I think its the video with us actually being in action thats the most embarrassing. Of course, we still cant believe we did it and you wouldnt ever catch us doing anything like that now lol. We had fun so I guess thats what matters!

heydanixo said...

hahah this is super cute girl! (:

Unknown said...

I like it. Nothing to be embarrassed about. It shows your awesomeness and confidence.

www.findingonespath.blogspot.com

Letters from a Mermaid said...

Oh my, this is hilarious haha! We all have embarrassing moments. I am a clutz to no end, so I have plenty. The worst was probably when I cried and got lost on a tour of the sixth grade school. My crush was there....it was traumatic for me ahah. In fact, I would not really qualify this as embarrassing. It's awesome! I dressed up as a mermaid my senior year of high school....there is something to be said for having confidence in a costume :) xoxo

Katie said...

"What happens in Blogland stays in Blogland" I love that! I hope it's true as well :) also now following you! happy monday!

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs