Monday, May 13, 2013

"Oh, the places you'll go"....a special Mother's Day

Happy Monday to you all!!! I hope your weekends were filled with wonderful moments  Happy Mother's Day to you all with real babies and fur babies :)

The start of our weekend was pretty relaxing and then got so much better yesterday!!


Friday- It was gorgeous out!! And really hot. My mom an dI took Bailey for a small walk before my mom went to work and we only went around the block. The sun was so warn. It was nice though. And let me just say, thank goodness for central AC! Brian and I met up with my dad for dinner at the 99. Always so good

*Side note- can I just say that I hate people driving? Like its one of my biggest pet peeves. Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy about it like Brian says? :) There are 3 exits after ours that are right after each other. Picture this: When you are taking the ramp to merge onto the highway from our exit you are in the very right hand lane. Well, this said lane is also the lane for the exit right after ours. This said lane and the lane to the left of it are basically an X. If you want to merge onto the highway you merge to the lane to the left of said lane. If you want to get to the exit, you have to merge into said lane. Confusing yet? Probably. Needless to say somethings its difficult to merge onto the actual highway because sometimes the cars in the left lane want to just go straight instead of merging into said lane.

On Friday was an example. Brian and I were actually going to take the exit instead of merging left this time. So, in that case, we just stayed in said lane. This white car wanted to merge onto the exit, which is the lane we are in. I have no idea what he thought he was doing but came inches, not even inches I'd say, from hitting us. If Brian had inched up about 2 inches it wouldnt of been good. The guy flipped Brian off and then beeped. He then procedded to move into the break down lane and zoom right by us. Then he threw a fight or something while waiting at the light. Moving his hand out the window and being stupid. I understand sometimes a car comes out of nowhere and blocks your path since you have the right away but this was just crazy. I dont understand why people have to e so mean when driving. Its not going to get you there any fast.*


Anyway, moving on: My dad and I then went shopping at Walmart and I got the cutest top for summer!





Photo by krissygirl13



Saturday- it was crappy outside. One of those days that you want to get out of the house but you also dont want to deal with the weather. My parents and I went shopping. Got my mom plants for Mother's Day. We went to visit my grandparents grave and bring my grandmother balloons. I always love going. Such a special few moments with them. Then we went to Sweet Kiwi for Frozen Yogurt..so good!!! *Side note- my parents bought Brian and I each a gift card for Sweet Kiwi for Easter. The first time we went to use it they said the system had crashed so we couldnt use it. This time Brian wasnt with us so I tried to use it. After much talk about why it wouldnt work again, the owner came out and said they have no record of that particular card in their system. What? My parents paid $20 for them. At first they were going to let me use it but as i started, I was NOT about to let that much money go to waste. They honored it finally and gave me the balance in cash The rest of the night was spent watching Castle...my favorite show!!




Mother's Day was amazing. I seriously love my family. I wont bore you with a long story so I'll make it short. My grandmother has 5 kids. 4 girls and a boy. One Aunt and her family live in Maine, my Uncle and his wife live in Vermont, and two aunts live here..each about 10 minutes away. Needless to say when there's a holiday (except Christmas) its usually just my parents, Brian, myself, my grandmother and an aunt that get together. Yesterday though everyone was able to be there..all 5 children. My grandmother was over the moon and we had so much fun.

Every year we go to a buffet that we love and treat my grandmother. So thats what we did. Great food, family and laughs. I'll let the pictures do the talking....





Mimosa....yum!









Terrible picture of me!!!



































We had fun eating the cupcake frosting....











My grandmother's presents were designed into a puzzle. The title of it was "Oh, the places you'll go"
Instead of actually buying her something which will make more clutter in her apartment, we will be taking her different places she likes to go and just paying for her.




Our grandmother likes to rock Bailey's Irish cream....



Needless to say we had a great day. I hope you all did too!!!


Linking up with SamiLeeann and Sarah





3 comments:

heydanixo said...

Happy Monday!
Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.
I love me some fro-yo (:

Jennifer Hays said...

It looks like you had a very nice weekend. I love the 99! I haven't been there in such a long time, but used to go when I went to college in MA. I loved Piccadilly Pub too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful mother's day weekend to me!

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs