Wednesday, January 15, 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge - skincare


Two posts in one day, now aren't you lucky?! That's because it's time for the second topic of #2014BloggerChallenge

AnotherGirlyBlg

This topic is skincare. Anything from products you use, to your routine. I'm not going to lie, I was SO nervous when Gaby sent the topic out because I had no idea how I could come up with a whole post. The reason being that my skin is pretty perfect.

Perfect, I know, it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I'm really not. And with that said, I actually dont do really anything to my skin. Yes I wash my face everyday but that's pretty much it. Knock on wood, my skin doesn't get dry, I never get acne and I barely ever wear make up, and when I do wear makeup, I use a simple foam cleanser that takes it off right away. When we go down south my SIL has one of the Clean and & Clear cleansers with beads and it works oh so well! I've also used the morning cleanser too. But like I said, it's a rare thing that I use anything. 



My skin has not always been the best. In junior high and high school my skin was BAD with acne and I couldn't shake it. Because it was so popular at the time I tried pro-active but there was no such luck which isn't surprising. I'd use creams that I applied right to the spots or even dry areas. Those worked but not fully. Because at that time, you of course had to "fit in" with everyone else, I'd wear makeup everyday to try and cover the acne and bad parts. Foundation is what I'd use. Problem was: the foundation itself made my skin worse and because I put alot, it wouldn't help even the slightest. 

As I got into my junior year of high school my skin didn't look as bad but still wasn't all there. And it bugged me. I used Neutrogena foaming cleanser everyday day as I washed my face and it made it not feel so oil like and gross



Finally, my doctor decided to send me to a dermatologist. He had me try different things and even go on a medication, just to see what happened. He always told me to count the number of times my skin got bad or I got acne and he'd base his assumptions on that. To my surprise one day, he mentioned birth contorl. I had started dating Brian already and was kind of nervous about the whole thing. The purpose of going on the pill was to help with hormones in general but also the acne but I still felt weird, so I waited awhile before saying yes.

And let me just say, it was the BEST decision I have ever made. Sure, it can help with not getting pregnant but it's been the greatest for keeping my hormones/period on schedule and like I said, I haven't had acne in years. I've learned through it all that you have to keep on trying and even if it seems silly, do whatever it takes. The outcome is awesome!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your new blog design! I could actually talk about skin all day long..too bad I'm not blogging anymore!

Lisa { Mom Wife Design Life Blog} said...

I use that same Clean & Clear! Love it! I tried proactive years ago as well, and it made my skin bumpy.
I guess its not for everyone! Love doing the Inspire Me challenge with you :)
Lisa @ Showered With Design

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs