Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Inspire Me 2014 Day 4 - When's your birthday?

Happy Tuesday friends! I'd like to thank those who have linked up for this January challenge so far! It's been great to get back to the basics of blogging and we hope that this challenge continues to grow as the month goes on.


Today's topic is so simple:


When is your birthday? We'd all like to send some wishes! 
Bonus: what did you do for your last birthday? 


My birthday is January 13th. Next Monday, I know! Trust me, the countdown has begun! It's funny, because I always say I've gotten stuck in the middle. There's either 'lucky 13' or 'Friday the 13th.' I've been lucky to not have the latter much though! 

I've been blessed to have parents who make each birthday special. I'd love to say that we go out for drinks or something, but we don't. Every year we stay home and have a nice little celebration. My mom, since I can remember,  has taken the day off if she has to work. She promised me that she'll never work on my birthday. She makes my favorite dinner, corn beef. My grandmother comes over, we sing a special birthday song (it's a song from an old cassette tape. A guy sings this fun song and your name is actually in the words. My parents and I each have one), have cake/ice cream and open presents.

One of the best gifts I get is a calendar that my mom makes. She's done it since about 2003. She buys a over sized calendar and makes scrapbook pages out of the top where a picture or something would be. She takes pictures from each month of the year before and puts them on their respective month. It's so nice to have those memories to look at. I never know what pictures she will use and how she will arrange them. I love these special traditions!



The excitement is overwhelming!
So now it's your turn to tell us about your special day.
We want to help you shine!



Showered With Design




Please remember to do the following:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Happiness is a Mood Not a Destination | Design Poppiness Designs